Welcome to my blog dedicated to my Mars Rover project. I shall be posting designs, videos and related information some of which may be useful to others.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Hitec Continuous Servo

When deciding how to move my rover i had to decide what with? Large PF motors or an alternative. I made the decision to go for a continuous servo because of several advantages over other types of motor:-
  • NXT Servo supports 8 servos (6 x wheel, 2 x tbc)

  • NXT Servo could be powered by a battery / solar charger

  • Servos include rotation sensor for precision control

Mindsensors don't (as of yet) sell a continuous servo so I had to buy from Active Robots. They did however deliver a prototype mounting kit which fitted perfectly.


These will provide the movement and accuracy I need for my rover - Model purchased Hitec HSR-1422CR.

No comments:

Disclaimer This page is not connected with or endorsed by
The LEGO Company. LEGO, LEGOLAND, LEGO SYSTEM, LEGO TECHNIC, DUPLO, LEGO PRIMO and LEGO MINDSTORMS are trademarks of The LEGO Company.