Welcome to my blog dedicated to my Mars Rover project. I shall be posting designs, videos and related information some of which may be useful to others.

Friday, October 3, 2008

NXTLOG 5,000 Winner 2008

Hi all,

I was fortunate to be chosen as NXTLog's 5000 winner for my Mars Rover and Lander. My project was rushed and ultimately didnt satisfy my original plans due to a factors e.g. lack of parts and design knowledge. Also its cost alot to purchase the right parts!



A short video clip of my Rover is below:-





Here's some close up pics of the rover.





My project has continued and is the build stage. So far plans are to have:-

  • Rocker-Bogie Suspension
  • 6 wheel drive and steering
  • Solar Power to power certain rover functions
  • Video camera
  • 1x NXT, 8x small PF, 8xServo, Solar Powered PF, Multiple Sensors and maybe 1xRCX depending on weight.
I hope to have a test model within the next month.

Hope you like the blog, let me know if you are interested in the same thing!

Mezza















No comments:

Disclaimer This page is not connected with or endorsed by
The LEGO Company. LEGO, LEGOLAND, LEGO SYSTEM, LEGO TECHNIC, DUPLO, LEGO PRIMO and LEGO MINDSTORMS are trademarks of The LEGO Company.